Monday 17 December 2012

Creating A Patchwork Meadow in Stitch

This is a public project being run by the charity Plantlife which helps to promote the conservation of our native wild plants. They are asking anyone interested in any type of textile technique to produce a 15cm textile square depicting one of our wild flora. These squares will then be mounted together to form a giant 'Patchwork Meadow' and will be on display at the Wild North Festival in June 2013 (and possibly other venues around the country after that). There's lots more information at www.plantlife.org.uk but if you want to take part - the deadline for sending in your pieces is the end of March 2013, so start stitching!
 
Solihull Embroiderers' Guild are hoping to send in as many squares as we can. Here is my first piece I've completed this week.
 
I am hoping to complete some more squares, but with so many other projects on the go I don't know if I will have the time!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment